Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The Break Up

Late night, Unable to sleep,
Looking at the time….
Wondering what you’re thinking,
What’s on your mind…

Why you don’t pick up the phone
I mean, I know something is wrong…
Yet here I sit, twisting in the wind
Damn, just tell me what the fuck is up
Let the suspense end

Why do women so this shit?
Must be the nice guy curse…
I feel bad…I don’t wanna hurt him
Just making the shit worse

I mean dammit, I’m a man, I can handle what you gotta say
Just don’t play, make me wait day after day
When it’s clear you’re no longer down
And want this to go away

I know what’s coming, just waiting for it to come around the bend
The hurt, the pain are already starting to set in

You’re as good as gone, hell I already know it
Your body language, your voice
They already show it

Just be decisive, direct…make the killing swift
Don’t delay the inevitable, throw the damn switch
My heart already locked in the chair
No need for last rites, or feigned extra care

So just step up and do it
I’m fed up waiting,
Just go through with it